NOMINEE OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN ARTS AND CRAFT
My name if Felix Yoofi Anyinsah, popularly known as “Yoofi Greene”. I
am based in Guangzhou,
China a student of South China University of Technology and I am A DANCER.
So as being recognized by the Appreciate Africa Network as a nominee
for the Pride of Africa
Outstanding Achievement in Arts and Culture by Liberty, I would want
to list my reasons why I
deserve it and activities I have been doing so far.
First of all, I am the “Origin of Afrobeats” in China. Afrobeats is
the Afrobeat is a music style
which developed in the 1970s out of a combination of West African
musical styles, but
recently has been spread across all other countries in Africa which is
now a collective
DANCE NAME FOR AFRICAN MUSIC. Thus, through tiresome work and
determination, I began to promote and create an awareness of Afrobeats Music
My Activities Held
• I Started the FIRST EVER AFRODANCE CLASS IN CHINA, which was started
in Guangzhou, July 19, 2016. This class is still going every week and the
responses are outstanding with an average number of 23 people a class.
• On the 15th of September, I was invited to have the FIRST EVER AFRODANCE
WORKSHOP IN SHANGHAI. It was under an event called Bachata Memucho
which was a Bachata / Salsa Conference. I had a two-day workshop from 16th to
17th. I also held Animations at the Parties with the crowd.
• Had a Public dance show in Shanghai at the Peoples Park where it attracted a
large crowd to the scene and introduced the dance (Afrobeats) to them.
• I was also invited to a Colombian Independence Party in Guangzhou
where I was
given an opportunity to Perform during the presence of distinguished
famous dancers around the word consisting of; The world Best Male Kizomba
Dancer, 8 times World Champions of Salsa (couple) and World Champions of
Salsa (Group). This opportunity helped spread Afrobeats across China.
• Was called upon to lead a group of dancers from Guangzhou and Shenzhen to
make an Afrodance performance at a Music Festival on an Island in Zhuhai.
• Performance in Chongqing, China on an international Cultural Festival.
• Made my Project called “AFROBEATS PROJECT CHINA”. This project was an
idea I got one day whereby I decided to search for potential dancers who know
Afrobeats and don’t have the courage to show it by learning my choreography
and make and send the video to me to compile them into one video. IT WAS
NOT EASY but God being good it was successful.
• I also started teaching kids Afrobeats under an organization called
This opportunity is my drive to keep pushing Afrobeats.
• Expanded my Afrobeats Classes, where I teach in 2 different studios in
Guangzhou; “Maggie’s Studio” and “Union Dance Studio”.
• Personal Videos which I post around on all my social media platforms. Making
Dance videos everywhere I go; Shanghai, Guilin, Yangshuo, Chongqing,
Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Guangzhou.